1. The Bible, consisting only of the sixty-six (66) books from Genesis to Revelation, is verbally and plenarily inspired by God, as originally written. Therefore, the Bible is infallible and inerrant in all matters of which it speaks (II Timothy 3:16, 17; II Peter 1:19-21). The Bible is the final authority in all areas of life.
2. There is one living and true God (Deuteronomy 6:4; I Corinthians 8:4). The unity of the Godhead consists of three Persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit (Matthew 28:19; II Corinthians 13:14). All three Persons of the Godhead are equal in every divine perfection.
3. Jesus Christ is God (Romans 9:5; Titus 2:13) and is also the possessor of true humanity (I Timothy 2:5; Hebrews 10:5).
4. Jesus Christ was born of the virgin Mary (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:16-25; Luke 1:26-35) and was sinless in nature (I Peter 2:21-22).
5. Jesus Christ died a substitutionary death, shedding His blood for all humanity (John 3:16; Romans 5:8; I Corinthians 15:3; Hebrews 9:22). This was necessary because of the sinfulness of the entire human race (Romans 3:10, 23; 5:12). Jesus Christ bore our sins in His own body on the cross of Calvary (I Corinthians 15:3; II Corinthians 5:21; Galatians 1:4; Hebrews 1:3; 7:27; 9:28; I Peter 2:24).
6. Jesus Christ rose bodily from the dead (Romans 1:3-4; I Corinthians 15:3-4), ascended into heaven (Acts 1:9-11; Ephesians 4:8, 10), and will return again for His people that they may be with Him forever (John 14:3; I Thessalonians 4:13-17; Titus 2:13).
7. Adam was created in innocence without any compulsion to sin, but by voluntary transgression he fell from his sinless state, and all mankind sinned in him (Romans 5:12). Since the fall of Adam in the Garden of Eden, the entire human race is born sinners, depraved, dead in their sin, and unable to recover themselves from their spiritual deadness. All people are under just condemnation without defense (Romans 1:18-20; 3:23; 5:18-19).
8. The salvation of sinful man is brought about solely by the grace of God when man exercises faith in Jesus Christ that He died, was buried, and rose from the dead for our sins (Romans 10:8-10; Ephesians 2:8-9). Salvation is a gift from God and cannot be obtained by human merit.
9. Regenerated mankind will enjoy life with God forever in the Eternal State (John 3:36; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Revelation 21:3-27). The unregenerated or wicked will not be with God but shall be assigned to everlasting torment in the Lake of Fire (Revelation 20:11-15; 21:27).
10. The purity of God’s people must be maintained both in doctrine and in daily life (Psalm 119:1-8; Ephesians 5:1-17; II Thessalonians 2:15; II Timothy 1:13-15; 2:15; I John 2:15-17). The Bible teaches that God has commanded that intimate sexual activity should only be engaged in within the confines of a marriage between a man and a women (Genesis 2:24; 19:5, 13; 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
11. The “sign gifts” (speaking in tongues, healing, prophecy) have fulfilled their divine purpose and are no longer in existence today (I Corinthians 13:8-10). All groups renting Victory Ranch agree that “sign” gifts will not be a part of their camping program.
12. Satan is a person, the author of sin, and the cause of the Fall of Man. He is the open and declared enemy of God and man, and he will be eternally punished in the Lake of Fire (Job 1:6-7; Isaiah 14:12-17; Matthew 4:2-11; 24:41; Revelation 20:10).
13. Christians are prohibited from bringing civil lawsuits against other Christians or Victory Ranch as a Christian organization to resolve personal disputes. Victory Ranch as a parachurch organization possesses all the resources necessary to resolve personal disputes between contracting parties (I Corinthians 6:1-8). A Christian may seek compensation for injuries from another Christian’s or organization’s insurance company as long as the claim is pursued without malice or slander (Ephesians 4:31-32).
AUTHORITY OF THE STATEMENT OF FAITH
This Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible itself is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We do believe, however, that the foregoing Statement of Faith accurately represents the teaching of the Bible and therefore is binding upon all agreements or relationships.
STATEMENT OF AGREEMENT AND PARTICIPATION
As Regular Baptists, we do not cooperate with the World Council of Churches nor the National Council of Churches.
Victory Ranch asks that all groups we rent to are in doctrinal agreement, without any mental reservation, with the entirety of this statement of Christian faith. If you have any questions regarding the Doctrinal Statement, please give us a call.